Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chickenfoot #3

I really wasn't going to do it. I figured I'd done enough... and there are so many mamas....and I had no idea how I'd get everyone on..... until FlossieBlossoms gave me a brilliant suggestion that even had me laughing! Oh man, I don't know what I would do without her sometimes!!!! And after that, I just HAD to make another Chickenfoot Quilt for this DQS round. I actually was going to go another route until I started drawing and realized that this way would be the easiest and use the space I needed to at least show 6 of the 12 mamas in their glory. First, the drawing......which, incidentally almost took me one whole day:

Then of course, onto the tracing, fusing, and ironing.........I don't think I've shown you this mess before and this was only one place when I needed to sit down for breaks. My kitchen island looked just as bad, as well as the floor where all the schnibbles fell with the breeze from the back door.

Here, I'm in the process of fusing the pieces to the backgrounds. I mainly do all of that first and then sandwhich the whole mess in order to free motion applique stitch and quilt.
Then, I showed my first sneak peek on Flickr:

DQS9 Sneak Peek

And the next day, I posted this:

Sneak Peek #2

One more sneak peek the next day (I do tend to get carried away, I'll admit!):

Sneak Peek #3

Then today, my friend, Shirley and I met Susan (aka "Chickenfoot") at the quilt shop for a day of shopping and lunch and I gave her this quilt to add to her growing collection:

Chickenfoot & the 12 Mamas...the early years!

I think it sums it all up in a cute 21 by 19 inch package! Note that since I'm the oldest, I have no egg shell residual but do have my halo since I am the official angel mama, you know.......(besides, since I made it I can make myself look good. LOL)

8 comments:

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Absolutely phenominal!

Mary Perrine said...

Figures that those "other" mamas can't make their way out of the shell. Always... beautiful chickenfoot quilt!! The are so colorful and cute.. but how are you going to keep 'em coming? at least the chicken line...

Rettabug said...

Adorable!
Awesome!
Amazing!
Artistic!
Brilliant!
Beauteous!
Charming!
Creative!
Colorful!
Enchanting!
Ingenious!
Incredible!
Magnificent!
Outstanding!
Painstaking!
Resplendent!
Splendacious!
Stunning
Trendy!
Unique!
Glorious!
Superb!

and more, but I can't think of any right now! I bet CF loved it!!!!!

Poppyprint said...

Carol, you are a good egg. CF is very lucky and so well-deserving of your generous talents. This is yet another stunning creation.

Jo said...

As always you amaze me. This is another wonderful quilt, your surly are an angel

szkornelia said...

Wow. i love these funny quilts you make. I muct try this technique.

Susan said...

This just cracks me up! Get it? CRACKS? lol

You do such wonderful work, Carol! I'm sure Susan just flipped over it, right? Your drawing is amazing, and the quilt is even more amazing. Just adorable!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.