Saturday, August 28, 2010

Whatsa Mug Rug?

Have you ever heard of such a thing? Not me!!! ('Course, I'm old and don't get out much anymore......BUT, wouldn't you know it, they are having a mug rug swap on Flickr and NATURALLY, I had to join.) The swap hasn't even really started yet, and partners haven't been assigned, but I just HAD TO try my hand at this. Now, I'm a Diet Pepsi girl, so don't have lots (like ANY without dumb pictures of cars on them) mugs, so had to go shopping. Awwww....what a shame! I was all over, but TJ Max seemed to be the best for variety and expense. Thursday I picked up two and yesterday, I made this:

Big mug - little matching rug

Now the really funny thing about this is........I made about a million cute doll quilts, right? Some that took 3 whole days. This crazy little thing took about 3 hours, start to finish, and it made EXPLORE on Flickr today. What's with that? None of my doll quilts did! Goofy! (But, guess who'll be making more?) I was back at TJ's yesterday. Anyone need a new mug with matching rug???

17 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Omigosh it looks absolutely fantastic! The colours are amazing. Wonderful inspiration.

Lynn said...

Adorable and just perfect!

Rettabug said...

Holy Crimoli, Carol...is that ever CUTE!!!! You matched it perfectly...right down to the stamins & pistals of the flowers. You are having just way to much fun with these little projects. :D

Kudos on making Explore...AGAIN!!!

henny said...

Amazing!! Love it so much.
perfect craftmanship :)

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Carol:
Your mug and rug are fabulous! I can see why you were featured today on Flickr! Congratulations. Your rug really is wonderful. I can't wait to see what the next few look like! So clever!
xoxo
Donna

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

soooo cute, Do you think I could drink pepsi from a mug? seems bizarre, but that sure is cute!

szkornelia said...

This is really lovely. I love the things you make.

Michele said...

How lovely! Spoil yourself and drink your Pepsi from this beautiful set. Don't forget to raise your pinky!

Shari said...

I'm a first-time visitor to your blog and you look like you have so much fun! So creative and colourful and humerous! Just love your mug rug - a perfect matching up of colours and design...

Carole Davids said...

Thanks for sharing this. It never fails that a little drip will run down the cup and end up on my table or table cloth. Im going to have make a few of these to match my mugs. Will link back when I do!

Carole

frogbellysoup.blogspot.com

What Comes Next? said...

It's perfect Carol, great mug, great rug. COngrats on the Explore, too!

Ursula said...

Your mug rug is sooo cute!!! I love it. Think I'll have to try my hand at it.

I've been checking out your blog for a couple of weeks now and your work is so inspiring. You are very talented and I love how you have so much fun.

Dolly said...

That just makes no kind of sense................except...................this is totally adorable, and tiny, and perfect, and eyecatching, and makes me want a mugrug, which I have absolutely no need for in this whole wide world.

Stop tempting me with things I DON'T need.....I'm compulsive, don'tcha know?

Beeshebags said...

THat looks absolutely fantastic. I've just discovered your blog off someone's blog roll...and couldn't resist coming over and checking out your mug rug....I can tell I'm going to have to try and make me one now. If the mug rug is anything to go by, then whoever gets the say so of what goes on EXPLORE...must've been blind when checking out your doll quilts. Hugs Naomi from Australia

Teresa said...

This is a great one. I never knew what they were until I received one along with my Dolls Quilt. Aren't they fun? Now I've just got to make some, better get over to Flickr.

Poppyprint said...

Your awesomeness knows no bounds. I love the matching set!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous, in fact, every single item on your blog is gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing your incredible talent