Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Black Friday

Sorry, no sales here!!! Now isn't that a surprise?? Seems I'm the only one, I think, without a deal of some sort today. I have to admit that I was out and about earlier along with the rest of the "nuts", but no 3 am shopping excursion for this girl, thank you!! I think I left at 8 am and then I only went to Michael's which is really close to my house. I thought about stopping somewhere else, but the wind chill was only 4 degrees this morning, so I wasn't about to lolly-dolly around.

Today, like many of you, I'm busy with Christmas decorations and trying to get the tree up, plus trying to finish something which is turning out really cute. You'll see it on the next post. Right now though I want to show you my loot from the Mug Rug Swap that I got from Gayle yesterday. So cute and so typically me. (My hubby did steal the rug of the truck though.....seems he needs some Christmas cheer in his office upstairs from what I was told.) LOL I bet you'll all be jealous......huh????

Swap package received from Gayle Brindley

I just want you all to know that I am thankful for all of you and for every comment you make on my blog. I appreciate each and every one of you!!! Life wouldn't be half as much fun if I didn't have someone to show my stuff to. (What a crummy sentence that was, huh??......don't report me to the English teachers, okay??)

9 comments:

Amy Friend said...

Gorgeous package you got there! I love all of it! She did a wonderful job. You are a nice wife to let your husband steal that mug rug too :)

Mary Perrine said...

aww Carol.. we are thankful for you.. because of you constant inspiration and support. You always comment kindly on my picture and things I make. I am surprised though, that "the quilt holder" doesn't have an office filled with goodies. I too have no desire to stand in lines on Black Friday.. too many dishes to wash and put away after the big feast at my house. As a former English teacher..we'll let you pass..lol

Poppyprint said...

Awesome!!! LOVE the red truck - it's just like one a good friend of mine restored during university. No wonder your hubby ran off with it. the prairie points are a fabulous touch. I need to find a flickr pic of that so I can fav it! Beautiful redwork MR, too. What a great swap you had.

Linda said...

Wow ! Look at all the loot.
Know wonder your husband took the truck rug. Mine would too.
You see we have a red 49 ford p/u completely renovated by my dh.

Jo said...

Lovely package, and it suits you. Just want to tell you I pop in here most days, and enjoy your journeys with fabric crayons and even the pencils. As they say give and you will get back. Thanks.

Cheri said...

Your things are always so pretty that it makes me want to do better work. Crisper, brighter...just better. Thanks!

Ursula said...

What a great swap package! So festive and creative. Very nice.

WendyLou said...

I'm thankful for YOU! Your beautiful, fun, quirky appliques have inspired me to try one myself :) It's a design I've had in my mind for quite some time ... just need to take the plunge! If I ever get it done, I'll be sure to send you a pic. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Kathy H said...

What a wonderful package you received. I love the truck mug rug also. I have made some plain ones but those are extra cute.