Friday, July 29, 2011

Mug Rugs again....

I adore swaps!  I suppose that's pretty apparent, huh?  I was really going to take it easy now that I have Toby and entertainment of my own, but I just can't seem to help myself when I read of a new swap starting.  Alas, the mug rug swap is not new, but one of my favorites!  This time it has a new spin.  We must write a haiku to accompany our mug rugs which pertain to our partner.  Now.....you KNOW I can't tell you who she is, but I will tell you that she has a very unique Flickr name.  She also wanted something simple.

I wanted to really do a raw edged applique (and I just might do this one anyway and enclose it just for fun):

Mug Rug?

But then, I thought maybe I should do something more to her liking so I did this.  I took a picture of the process cause I thought you might like that too!

The process

And all finished at 6 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches:

Simple Mug Rug 6 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches

I threw it in the middle of my Rose Tree of Sharron to try to get the blooms to show....but it didn't work. The coolest thing about that mug rug is that I pieced the letters of her name on the back and that's the big surprise!  I sure wish I could show you, but that would ruin the fun!  (I will give you a hint though and admit to contacting the administrator of the swap ahead of time to ask for a partner with a name shorter than 6 letters.)  How sneaky of me, huh?

15 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You cheeky duck you. Oh I just love it and I am sure your partner will too. But I am interested in your sketch.

matate10 said...

Great work, but I do not remember modeling for you...lol

Andra Gayle said...

LOVE your drawing!

paront1222@comcast.net said...

The mug rug turned out super cute but LOVE that girl!!! Love her cute butt and was picturing in my mind how cute you'd make her suit and hat and sun......
Thanks for showing us..
Peggy

Kathy said...

Great mug rug!

But I want to see that sketch made in your bright, fun fabrics, too!

Wendy said...

This mug rug is awesome.......can't wait to see the one you do from the pattern above it......

Cindy Sharp said...

Your work always makes me smile. Thanks for sharing.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hello! I love your drawing and it will be amazing quilt! Also I enjoy to see photos during the progress and the result is really beautiful!
Kisses to your baby!
xxx Teje

Sandra Coleman Clarke said...

Cute sketch, Go for it!!! Mug rug is cute too.

Elaine said...

Seeing the drawing as a mug rug would make me smile each and every morning! And lucky partner that she also gets her name put on the back!!!

Alexis said...

Mug rug cute..... sketch cuter!!! can't wait to see that.

Sara said...

The blue,grey and white is so nice together!!

I am looking to make a tree skirt. I was on Flickr earlier today and found a tree pattern that I am very fond of:) Do you know who could have made this pattern? *WINK* Would love to know how I can get it!!

Sparky said...

just luv her bottom...reminds me of a fabric collection of bottoms...this one Carol will be terrific...

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Cute mug rug! I would really like to see the drawing made into one!

Rachaeldaisy said...

You are such a tease!! Fabulous mug rug!! I love the beachy lady idea too.