Friday, July 1, 2011

Sewin' and Stuffin'

Yup, I'm still sewing doll quilts!  (That's 'cause the televised capital murder trial isn't over yet, although I'm thinking that there are probably only two days left.......and then what will I listen to while I'm sewing?  I might have to go back to the "oldie tunes".  Heavenly days!!!!  LOL)  I think I'm going to make one more quilt today and tomorrow and then I'm thinking I will have plenty in case I need lots of angel quilts for the doll swap (like maybe forever???)  I think I'm up to 6 now.

Here's a cool 13 x 17 inch one:

DQS11 Angel Quilt #4

Then, yesterday I didn't have much time, but wanted to sew something so I made a miniature checkerboard 8 inches square, but with 64 3/4 inch pieces:

Miniature Checkerboard

You might actually be able to play checkers too if you use different colored popcorn for pieces.  LOL

Then....................wa-la!  Something many of you have been waiting for:

Easy Wonky Squares

Yup, the new patterns are done and waiting to be sold.  And I have plenty:

Easy Wonky Squares

The pattern includes both lap sizes and 40 inch square baby quilt size and can be adapted for smaller things too once you realize the procedure.  It's really simple and you will love it!  Actually, my quilt shop talked me into writing this pattern because many of their customers couldn't figure out the simple solution when my quilts were in that gallery showing a few weeks ago.

Just like always, when I release a new pattern, these will be on "special" for all of July at a reduced price of $10 and I will pay the shipping right to your door.  I take paypal or will wait for a check once you get the pattern so there is no reason you can't have one as early as next week.  Send your request to:  turznik@execpc.com with your name and address and how many you might want.  I can't wait to "talk" to you!  Thank you ever so much!  I know some of you have been waiting for this one, and I'm pretty sure that this is going to be "it" for this year.  Nothing else is swimming around in my head bursting to get out!  LOL  Happy sewing, my friends!

17 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your doll quilts are adorable. The red & white really plays with the eyes and the pieces are so tiny!! Congrats on getting your pattern into print :)

Wendy said...

Carol, your quilts are adorable! May have to go pattern shopping again ;) Congratulations!!

Judy said...

Your doll quilts are wonderful with the bright colors!

Quiet Quilter said...

Congrats on the pattern...and your doll quilts are so bright and cheery...of course, that is because you are, also....

karen said...

I sent you an email to order your "Easy Wonky Square" pattern - so excited!!!

What Comes Next? said...

Great job Carol! Although I find it hard to believe there is nothing "bursting to come out" Give it a day or two, or maybe even a half hour, and I bet you'll have a dozen more pattern ideas!

Teje Karjalainen said...

I want to make quilts for dolls, too! But I don't have a daughter - not even a doll ...
I love that quilt! You have always so wonderful ideas for a pattern and great eye for beautiful colours to match together!
Thank you for an enjoyable moment!
xxx Teje

Rachaeldaisy said...

Ohh Gorgeous dolls quilts!! The rainbow one is a sweetie! And what a fun idea of playing checkers with popcorn! Congratulations on your new pattern! I love the photo with lots of them!!

lulu said...

Hi Carol - another gorgeous quilt ... keep them coming!! Just love popping into your site to see whats new

Unknown said...

Awesome little quilts!!

Have a great weekend!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

Poppyprint said...

Your doll quilts are just so you, Carol! I can spot them a mile away. I love it that you have such a strong sense of style and sew what you like! Congrats on your new pattern, too!

Grethe said...

Great wonkey pattern!
Great black little quilt!

Rettabug said...

Congratulations Carol on another pattern production! Its SEW YOU!! Wild & Wonky....and colorful, too!

I really like that first quilt in this post, too. Very cool. *big grin*

Sparky said...

they look much larger in a pic...that is the best part of your quilts..they are larger than life...sew appealing to me...x

and ps...great news new pattern...x

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations on your great pattern!
And how sweet of you the be an angel in advance!

Anonymous said...

How do I purchase patterns for my shop?

carol said...

If you would like to purchase patterns, my e-mail is listed in my "About Me" section. Thanks!