Monday, July 25, 2011

Two things......

First, I want to show you the little quilt I made for Kimmie who was my partner this month in the STUD group.  The theme was "Rainbows-one shape".

For Kimmie - STUD

I actually made her two, but the other one was the original that I copied for an angel quilt for the new DQS group.  I'll show you anyway:

For Kimmie - STUD

Now for the good stuff.  I reviewed all your marvelous comments and suggestions on what you all would do with the leftover flower circles and I'm sure you will agree that I have picked a very unique winner.  Thank you all ever so much for commenting.  It was really fun.  I'm thinking that as soon as I get back to my LQS, I will pick up another surprise in the same vein for another giveaway real soon!  (Right now, they probably think I'm dead since I haven't been there since getting the puppy.  LOL)

And the winner is:  martinmosaics   Ta-da!  Here is the comment:
"I would love to use them to create a village!  I would put roof tops on them and create roads and trees to go around them.  It would be so fun to make houses from something round.  My mind is running with creative ideas right now."

Now....how fun is that?  Who would think to make houses out of something round?  Not me!   I can hardly wait to see this village come to life so please, "martinmosaics", please e-mail me with your name and address so I can send out your circles to you pronto.

19 comments:

Amy Friend said...

Great rainbow quilts Carol!

Wendy said...

Wow! Just... wow!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wonderful quilts! And congratulations to martinmosaics - yes, very clever idea.

Cindy Sharp said...

Oooh, that Kimmie is a lucky girl. So are you. Her quilt for you is bound to be equally stunning.

Can't wait to see a round village. Hope the winner shares pictures.

Thearica said...

You are having so much fun!!

Sara said...

Oh a village that sounds wonderful:)

B J Elder said...

Great quilts and theme! I love seeing the unending creativity that people have.

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

wow wow wow wow you do rainbow minis like no-one else - completely fabulous as ever, especially that spiky one

Yumm yumz by patticakes said...

WOW! What a deserving winner! I want to see the finished quilt - it will be cute, cute, cute! (Like the new puppy, I'm sure! lol)

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

I've just been browsing your blog, and I love all your quilts! I think your quilt patterns are really amazing! Where can I buy them?

Mommarock said...

Beautiful! I love it... well I always love your quilts :)

Poppyprint said...

I love the atomic-ish shapes of your first rainbow quilty, Carol! Very cool!

Unknown said...

Kimmie is a lucky girl - love the cirles :)

Vivian said...

Your swap quilts are always so inventive and fun!

I like the rainbow version of your "Confetti Squares" pattern. I had a similar idea in mind for it and this just confirms my hunch. Thanks for sharing!

Helen said...

I love rainbow quilts! Carol these are great, as always! x

Rettabug said...

Very cool little quilties, Carol. LOVE the effects you get with your black & white striped binding. I bought some red & white stripe when I was in FL & I STILL have not used it for binding yet. *Someday* You inspire me!

hediye said...

Those rainbow version of your "Confetti Squares" pattern is awesome. I had a similar idea in mind and planning to do in this weekend, such a unique idea.

online counseling said...

I am very jealous to watch your creation, because you created very spectacular work and the border it is marvelous. It is unique creation with less colour.

rc trucks said...

A genius work you did. Which are best for them who are new in quilt world. It is so simple way to design and easy to start without lots of colourful fabrics.