Friday, May 11, 2012

Sure looks like spring.......

It sure looks like spring at my daughter's house...notice all the dandelions!  Too bad her dog, Miya can't stand stand them, so trims off all the heads!  Anyone for dandelion wine???

My daughter's airedale pretending to be a lawn service!

Maybe I should hire her!  Right now I pay a lawn service to take care of my weeds!  lol

On another note, I got my swap quilt from the sew-vote-swap group and I couldn't be happier.  Osa Penny made it and I must say, it is a beaut!  Her piecing is just fantastic and I adore how she quilted each tree!  ('Course it doesn't hurt that there's a lot of white either!!  I love most things with tons of white.  lol)

My quilt from Sew-Vote-Swap

If you remember, this is the one I sent........(but it's still a secret where it's going since the person who won mine still hasn't received it yet.)

My entry for:  "sew-vote-swap"

I made another pincushion......(actually, it's close to being as big as a pillow.....don't tell anyone)......but it worked with the pleating this time.   The last one had the pleats too far apart!

"Almost big enough to be a pillow pleated pincushion"

And here is the back:

Back of "ABETBAP" pincushion

I'm working on a project for my LQS so I've been busy.  This crazy project is taking me lots longer than I expected, but like my hubby says, "What else have you got to do??!!!"  (Don't you just love it when they say dumb stuff like that???)  Duh......how about, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, voting for "Dancing with the Stars" and laundry!!  (Not necessarily in that order either!!  lol)  I have to watch my Green Bay Packer star, Donald Driver, you know!!!

At least I get a break Sunday and I hope you all do too!  We're ordering pizza for Mother's Day!  And then watching the finale of Survivor!  It's sort of a ritual after all these years!  Oh well......

You have a blessed and wonderful Mother's Day too!  Hopefully, you won't have to cook too much!  Later..........

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pleated pincushion aka pillow is a beauty! Love the french knots running down the center (is that what they're called?) The backing is a perfect match. Thanks for the continued eye-candy. Happy Mother's Day to you too!
Brenda
Texas

Cathie said...

WOW I adore this pin cushion. Really beautiful. And the little quilts aren't bad either. Lots of bold bright color against WHITE - my favorite look.

Cindy Sharp said...

Love the plieted pin cushion

Lesley said...

love the brightness of all your projects! And the tree quilt you received is a stunner! Love that pin cushion! Enjoy your pizza on Mother's Day!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Sweet quilt you received and of course I love the one you sent. What a great pincushion Carol!!

Annie said...

No cooking at all! And no cleaning up either. Eating out. Happy Mother's Day Carol.

felicity said...

Those french knots on the fabulous pleats are absolutely perfect. I looove that pincushion/pinpillow!

Helen said...

Happy Mothers Day Carol!!! Love the rainbow circle and buttons quilt. x

Larissa said...

Ooh! Wow! That pincushion is to die for!!! (Lol! What's new from me?! Hehe!!!) Enjoy your Mothers Day!! Hugs!!

beachiesews said...

I like the quilt you received...it could make a cute fall theme quilt...ideas, ideas. Enjoy your Mother's Day...it sounds good to me! I am going up to a lake in Prescott (cooler!) and will either canoe or kayak with my husband. We will have a Subway picnic as well! Have a lovely day!

Gmama Jane said...

That quilted pincushion is so original just like YOU! As always, I adore anything you make! You just have the Midas touch in quilting!! My daughter was remarking once again how much she loves the "lady #19" you made for me! She brought a friend home just to show her Mama's Quilt Portrait. Still loving it!
Blessings
Gmama Jane

Mary said...

Cute Pin Cushion. I had a Wendy's Jr Cheeseburger and a Frosty for my Mother's Day dinner. Thanks for the reminder of Survivor Finale. I've been away this past week- I have some catching up to do.

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

You are FANTABULOUS at what you do! Wow. I'm wanting one of everything you make!
~Monika