Thursday, May 9, 2013

Paper or Scissors?

Such a clever title for today's post!  Sometimes I really amaze myself!!  lol  Actually, I should have said, "Scissors or Paper" because today will be all about sewing.  Next time though, I will have a slew of mail art to show you!  (You thought I sewed fast?  Hello!  You ain't seen nothin'!  Some of these envelopes go lickity split and lately I've been making about 4-5 a day!)  BUT, enough of that for now.  Today is about sewing so let me introduce you to Lady #46 - Jan #2...........(not to be confused with Jan #1 who was Lady #37.)  Believe it or not, I do remember ALL my special ladies by name!!!!

Lady #46 - Jan #2

And here is the original photo she sent me.  She was kind enough to let me show you:  


Check out those cool purple glasses and hoop earrings.  I just had to give her hoops on her portrait too!

Just to let you know that I'm ready for Lady 47 anytime, so whenever you are wanting yourself in fabric, please let me know!  I'll give up whatever I am doing for "Ladies".......I LOVE making them!!

Then.....this week, I received the QT swap quilt from my partner, Suvarna.  If you'll recall, the theme was blooms and birds (or something like that....I can't remember offhand the official title), but it evolved around flowers and birds.  I made this one for her if you remember:

Bunch of flowers

My partner sent me this beauty:

QT quilt and package from Suvarna

Aren't those yo-yos just the cutest??  And the extras?  Wow!  I am collecting quite the box of extras lately!  If I live to be 100 (which will NEVER happen), I'll never use all my stuff!!  AND.....my daughter doesn't sew!!!  E-gads!

Lastly, I must show you the pouch I made for my partner in the Pretty Little Pouch swap.  She never commented on the rainbow ones I already showed you so I knew I had to come up with something different.  I think this fit the bill:

Pouch for Swap

And the the other side:

Other side of pouch

The side:

Sides

And bottom......(which I really think turned out cool!)

The bottom

So there you have it!  Not one envelope in the bunch!  WAIT.............next time you will be bombarded!    I sure hope you're ready!  I'm having such fun!

Have a great weekend, my friends and keep sewing/drawing/printing/cooking or whatever your passion!  Thanks a bunch for visiting me!  I LOVE each and every one of YOU!!!!!

21 comments:

Cindy Sharp said...

Love that pouch!

Jean Burke said...

Everything in this post is just spectacular!!! Rock on.....keep doing what you love. Peace....

Mary said...

Love, love the pouch! You put so much thought into everything you create. Beautiful.

Annie said...

What fun Jan is with her purple glasses and big ole spooly hoop earrings! A fun surprise to see this one for sure. Cute, cute little quilts and another fabulous pouch design!

Ellyn said...

all of it lovely! as always

Carol said...

Love that pouch and the newest lady. But can't wait for more envelopes! I mailed another the other day and forgot to take a picture. :(
Carol

Carol said...

I'm on the exercise bike this morning and reading through the Creative Lettering book!

MariQuilts said...

You do such fabulous work. Carol.

Mary said...

Love the Big Hoops with the spools, Carol! And I'd wear those Purple glasses anytime. Thanks for sharing your new minis.

Jeanne said...

I love your portraits! Do you take orders? :-)

FabricFascination said...

The portrait is fab, and your pouch too. Both are so cheerful!

Valspierssews said...

Another lovely lady. The hoop earrings look great. I love your zippy in all those bright colours ( just as well I was checking as I wrote because colours came up as odours cause I didn't push the c hard enough).
Both the minis look great. All the yoyos are wonderful.

Dianne said...

Love this lady, esp. the glasses and earrings. The pouch is awesome! By the sounds of your post your creative life has you energized and happy to an even greater degree than usual. It makes me happy just reading it!!

Susan said...

Jan #2 looks great - yep the glasses & earrings are super! And the pouch - all very creative.

brownj6610 said...

Don't give up on your daughter. My daughter started sewing and quilting at age 39.

Noela said...

Love your new lady. The pouch is gorgeous. Love all the bright colours you use. Hugs.....

Lesley said...

I think Jan has the best earrings yet! Your quilted ladies continue to amaze me. Love the pouch...so colorful!

Teresa in Music City said...

I am new to your blog, so forgive me if I ask a few stupid questions :) Do you make ladies for just anyone or do you choose them? Do you have a selection process for who you are going to make into a new lady? It is so much fun seeing them come to life - you are very talented!

KaHolly said...

I am having such fun visiting your posts. Love the new lady!! She's a beauty.

Rettabug said...

Oh Carol...Jan#2's portrait turned out to be a perfect rendition of her! Well done!!!

I love your little rainbow pouch...SEW YOU, with all those wild colors & buttons & stripes. Darling!

I have a TON of yo-yos made up. If I ever get back to my sewing room, I may try to use some up, like you did. Cute!

Marilyn said...

Hi Carol, it is Marilyn here, and I am confirming to you that I have resent the email you must not have received with my information. Please let me know if it doesnt arrive again.