Friday, March 27, 2015

It's back to winter here…..

Brrr…..only 19 degrees outside right now.  Winter is holding onto Wisconsin….although I noticed that it (might) get into the 50s this coming week.  YAY!!  Not soon enough for me, I'll tell you!!  I can't wait to open up my windows and get some fresh air in my house……hopefully before the heat of the summer along with the humidity.  lol  Seriously, just to see green grass again will be a delight!

Here are the envelopes I sent out this week.  I had a few family birthdays, so that's why there are more than usual:






AND…..of course, I read some books.  Incidentally, the 1/2 book that I read and told you about last week, I took back to the library…….I lost my place and it was due anyway.  Duh!  I'll have to borrow it again.  The name of it is "Dead Wake:  The Last Crossing of the Lustania" by Erik Larson.  It's getting all sorts of hype lately and actually, the 1/2 I read was pretty good.  In addition to that, I read these:

THE POCKET WIFE  (debut)                  by                 Susan Crawford
THE DEAD KEY   (debut)                       by                 D. M Pulley
MASTER THIEVES   non-fiction             by                 Stephen Kurkjan

By far, "The Dead Key" was the BEST!!  At 467 pages in softcover, it won the 2014 Amazon Breakthrough Novels award and it was well deserved!  I think I finished it in two days.  Today,  I'm expecting an order from Amazon so I'm excited!  Harlan Coben's latest book, "The Stranger" is among my items so that'll be on my list for next week.  Rarely do I buy hardcover books, but Harlan Coben is one of our favorites so his books are passed through the family and then we re-sell them to the 2nd hand bookstore or donate them to our local library for their annual book sale.

So, my friends, have a happy, fun week!  Smile and take time for yourself!  You're worth it!

3 comments:

willowpillow said...

I love your book section!!!
Thanks for posting them and telling us about them.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful envelopes once again!! Just love those two cheeky cats!!

Rettabug said...

Cute envelopes...a covet your talent so much!

Just ordered "The Dead Key", too. Thanks again!!!